"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."

Thursday, 9 April 2009


The term casement is used to describe a conventional window, with the sash hinged on its vertical side. In England casement windows open outwards but in France they open inwards.

A casement is also a chamber or bomb proofed vault, built within the walls of a fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment