"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."

Saturday, 18 February 2012



A barrette is a clasp for holding a woman's or girl's hair in place.

If you want to see a delightful little barrette - nip over to here.


  1. I was surprised at your comment telling me that you'd not heard of them before, with having your girls...they must have worn something similar at some time or another, right? What would you call the hair clasps over there? I'll have to photograph a few of my {rather VERY boring} ones to show you.


  2. Firstly, I was surprised to find I had not only heard the word before but had blogged it here.

    I think we would just call them hair-clips but I'll double check with Jo when she's awake...

  3. A good blog to read for sure :)