"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Catarolysis

Catarolysis is something I try not to do but occasionally my worse nature gets the better of me and I cannot help myself.   

Recently, for example, I was advised by the Department of Work and Pensions that my appeal against their judgement that I was fit enough to be working had been won.  I celebrated.  Hooray. A week later I got a letter with an enormous medical questionnaire to fill in – to start the whole process all over again. Persecution I call it.  I just couldn’t refrain from catarolysis.   

Catarolysis means letting off steam by cursing.

1 comment:

  1. Catarolysis - forgive me, I can't resist. I think the definition would be related to the condition Ivy leaves you in from time to time, no?? The word absolutely begs puns and fun!

    ReplyDelete