"That's a great deal to make one word mean," Alice said in a thoughtful tone. "When I make a word do a lot of work like that," said Humpty Dumpty, "I always pay it extra."

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Biscaree

d from Quincy, Massachusetts, runs a daily blog on which he posts a word game involving Word Verification words and what they might mean. It's a sort of 'create your own sniglets'. One of the latest ones was “biscaree”. I suggested -
bisceree (noun) The crumbs from a biscuit. Usually used to describe the debris of an attempt to eat a very crumbly biscuit while balancing a cup of tea on your knee in posh company.

He smiled self-consciously as he tried to hide the biscaree spilling from his lap onto the Persian rug.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Scriptor Senex! I have been a blog sloth of late...busy keeping up with the demands of the holiday gift-giving craze from my clients (so much so that I neglect my own gifting opportunities). But in the spirit of gifting, I want to thank you for commenting on my little blog. I very much enjoy reading your posts on What Does It Mean? I think this little world wide writing community is rather intriguing. I will be checking back on more of your prolific work! Enjoy the day! Erin
    http://treasures-found.blogspot.com

    P.S. My vw? sispo...see what you can come up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sispo (n) The intimate ablutions of a female sibling. usually used in a slightly derogatory manner.
    Oh, come on , Jean, I need the bathroom. How long is that sispo going to take?

    ReplyDelete